I saw a newspaper article the other day and was absolutely appauled.
This is my response.
Barry Carmody - 100,000 images of child pornography found on his home computer.
The Judge said "Jail is not a pretty place for people with your sort of conviction". So, how does the Judge think the children aged 7-14 posing explicitly for the camera felt?
The truth is, that Mr Carmody belongs in jail. He may not have directly touched any children, but, if he is looking at these 100,000 images of child pornography in his own home, what's the chance he's not walking down the street looking at children and having dirty thoughts wanting to fulfil them?
The Judge also said "I see you, realistically, as a very sad person. I accept that on an intellectual level, you realise… you shouldn't be doing it. You have turned to this as an outlet when your usual social outlets appear to be closed to you"
The judge has said it himself. He sees Barry Carmody as somebody who realises that what he is doing is wrong. Is this not the reason why we convict and punish people, whether a person is sad or not? When our usual social outlets are closed to us, do we turn to hitting somebody in the head with a sledge hammer? No. Mr Carmody simply needs to learn to deal with life.
I think that it's great the courts are sending him away to re-habilitation. I can only hope that it makes him better. But for the Judge to give the reason "Jail is not a pretty place for people with your sort of conviction" is shear idiocy. Mr Carmody has bought this upon himself as have the rest of the guilty prisoners out there. Deal with it
Signing Out,
Leg Weak
Friday, 12 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment